Volunteering can be extremely rewarding, often leaving a profound impact on individuals who donate their time, energy, and expertise. Whether you are interested in volunteering or in setting up and executing a volunteer program, if you’d like to learn more about the transformative power of these experiences, here’s your chance. The enrollment period for the free online course Empathy in Motion: The Power of Employee Volunteering, brought to you by SAP and Realized Worth Institute (RWI) is now underway. Course participation will begin on March 14, and we encourage you to sign up today.
Hosted on the openSAP platform, the course delivers a stimulating online learning experience. This two-part course is broken into twelve units delivered in video presentations from Chris Jarvis, CEO of Realized Worth. Participants will view presentations, interact with diverse participants on discussion boards, and ultimately complete a questionnaire. Course topics include:
Week 1: Changing Hearts and Minds
- What’s So Great About Volunteering?
- Why Does Volunteering Make Me Feel Good?
- How Humans Have Evolved to Help
- Understanding Human Motivation
- The Journey of the Volunteer
- Transactional vs Transformative Volunteering
Week 2: Leading the Change
- Why Do Companies Volunteer?
- Creating Space for Transformation
- Framing the Volunteer Experience
- Volunteering as Leadership Development
- Hacks for Managing Events
- Was it All Worth It?: Measuring Impact
If you or someone you know is interested in participating, don’t hesitate to sign up now!