These programs engage the skills of corporate employees to build the effectiveness of social sector organizations, with a no-cost networking opportunity to connect around four pillars:
- Learn from corporate peers and Pyxera Global, who combined have decades of experience executing Global Pro Bono programs.
- Exchange ideas and tools in designing, implementing, and evaluating Global Pro Bono programs.
- Adapt and innovate on successful components of Global Pro Bono operating models.
- Deliver Global Pro Bono programs that enhance program impact on employees, corporations, host clients, and communities.
Pyxera Global is one of a handful of organizations that pioneered Global Pro Bono as a strategic approach to generate shared value for the business and community, leveraging their most valuable assets: their employees. GPB programs are corporate-sponsored initiatives through which employees contribute their professional skills to host clients at no financial cost. Host clients include non-profits, social enterprises, educational institutions, and government entities.
In the early 2000s, Pyxera Global began partnering with companies to design, facilitate, and measure the impact of these programs. Inspired by the early leadership of companies like IBM and GSK, programs have grown over the past decade. Global Pro Bono LEAD, formerly known as the International Corporate Volunteerism Leadership Council, has created a space to share best practices, distribute lessons learned, and to encourage innovation amongst companies with Global Pro Bono programs.
Today, Global Pro Bono LEAD members represent leading companies across seven sectors: ICT, Health, Finance, Agriculture, Consumer Products, Transportation, and Chemicals. A total of 28 unique GPB programs ranging from one week to six months in duration and targeting a broad cross-section of employees span those seven sectors.
Join Global Pro Bono LEAD and become part of a community that will empower you with the tools to advance GPB within your company and communicate its impact internally and externally.
- Are you wondering how to align GPB programs with your broader business strategy, employee, or CSR approach?
- Do you want to learn how to explain program benefits following a change in leadership within your organization?
- Are you seeking alignment for existing or anticipated partnerships?
- Are you familiar with the new program models designed to fit all levels of employees?
- Do you have questions on how to measure and explain ROI?
- Are you measuring employee, business, and host client impact?
Companies eligible for Global Pro Bono LEAD membership must have an existing—or be starting a—Global Pro Bono program. There is no requirement to work with Pyxera Global. The roles and responsibilities of members are to be LEADers. A commitment to a maximum of eight hours of participation throughout the year.
Participation aligns with the four pillars by:
- Sharing aspects of your GPB program experiences with the other Global Pro Bono LEAD members through presentations and other venues.
- Actively participating in quarterly meetings.
- Collaborating with other Global Pro Bono LEAD members to raise the visibility of GPB programs.
Benefits of Membership
The United Nations recognizes global Pro Bono LEAD as a worldwide network “contributing to building an environment for people to have an enhanced sense of ownership to support the implementation of sustainable development goals.”
Membership grants you immediate access to an exclusive community of peers with whom you can LEAD: Learn, Exchange, Adapt, and Deliver.
In structuring the Global Pro Bono LEAD around these four pillars, members build a broader network, knowledge, and proven tools that maximize program impact for your employees, host clients, and your business.
Interested in Joining?
Contact us today for more information about starting a Global Pro Bono program or to join our circle of GPB LEAD companies.