At PYXERA Global, we combine our business acumen with the local knowledge, network, and context required to navigate economic, geographic, and political realities on the ground. We keep our eye on the end goal—managing the details and adjusting the course to learn from our experiences and achieve mutual benefit. While our team works hard everyday to deliver exceptional results, we pride ourselves on our ability to find humor and creativity in everything we do. From staff meetings and brainstorm sessions to office happy hours and service days, we are committed to cultivating and maintaining a supportive, transparent, and fun community.
Join the PYXERA Global Team
At PYXERA Global, we stand at the intersection of business, social, and governmental organizations, facilitating groundbreaking partnerships around the world. In our quest to transform international development through purposeful engagement, we’re looking for smart, focused professionals who share our vision, with a certain rugged global flair and the capability to remain gracefully competent under pressure.
At PYXERA Global, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a collaborative team of colleagues with a diverse set of professional and personal backgrounds. Representing 20 nationalities and speaking nearly 25 languages at headquarters alone, the entire PYXERA Global team is comprised of inspired individuals driven by a commitment to social impact. Our employees demonstrate:
- Passion & persistence for solving difficult problems
- Curiosity, respect, & patience for different points of view
- Relentless drive for common goals & sustainable results
- Initiative, creativity, & self-direction
- Adaptability to frequently changing circumstances & needs
- Commitment to exemplary client service
PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will be managing a Pro Bono program in Singapore, scheduled to take place from November 2 to November 27, 2020. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part-time local consultant currently residing in Singapore to provide project management and logistical support to the team of corporate employees from May 2020 through December 2020. Possibility of extension based on additional corporate programs.
PYXERA Global is looking for a consultant with excellent knowledge of Singapore and with project experience and a professional network related to financial inclusion.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
• Identify and set up meetings with potential host organizations (nonprofit organizations) working in financial inclusion
• Support in the development of a challenge question and project brief focused on financial inclusion with the selected local host organization
• Support local host organization in preparing for the pro bono program, ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
• Participate in preparatory conference calls with corporate volunteers
• Coordinate and facilitate the Kick-Off and Closing Workshops for pro-bono consultants and participating host organizations in November 2020
• Support corporate volunteers, providing advice and guidance around project delivery
• Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and its partners in Singapore, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global HQ staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and partners
• Participate in meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested
• Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen PYXERA Global’s existing and planned programs with organizations, partners, and stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate
• Prepare financial and final program reports
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be based in Singapore with in-depth area familiarity
2. College degree in communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
3. Minimum of 5-10 years of experience
4. Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
5. Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
6. Flexible and able to work in a team and individually with limited supervision
7. Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work with limited supervision
8. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
9. Fluent in English
10. Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
11. Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
12. Knowledge of and/or experience working in financial inclusion
13. Intermittent availability May 2020 through December 2020; continued availability November 2 to November 27, 2020.
This is a part-time consultant position with an estimated timeline of 6 – 7 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to [email protected] Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.