PYXERA Global is looking for a talented individual to work as a full-time Monitoring and Evaluation Associate in our Washington, DC office.
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include IBM, Pfizer, Pepsi, SAP, and others. Our clients in the public sector include USAID and the World Bank. A few examples of our work include:
Developing an innovative local content development program so that small businesses in Mozambique can become robust suppliers to the oil industry—creating jobs and increasing incomes;
Working with John Deere in India to improve the well-being of people in three rural communities by helping farmers increase their revenues through improvements of their agricultural production practices, updating village infrastructure, and conducting activities with parents and school children to increase learning and reduce drop-outs;
Implementing a corporate volunteer program for IBM that enables NGOs and social enterprises in 30 countries to access pro bono services to help them to grow and thrive.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Associate will support the development organizational performance management frameworks, as well as specific program M&E needs to ensure the quality, and effectiveness of program implementation. The Associate will provide assistance to the program staff in developing performance monitoring plans and results frameworks during program design and implementation, creating M&E system, processes and tools, contributing to measuring, analyzing, and reporting results.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support staff members in setting up systems for program M&E.
- Designing and developing questionnaires.
- Building the surveys in the data collection system (Clicktools).
- Assist with data collection, aggregation, and analysis.
- Assist with research, writing, and editing.
- Developing reporting templates and instructions.
- Assist with data management and quality control.
- Providing support, troubleshooting and training to staff as it relates to M&E.
- Support the team through various administrative duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant graduate degree (or current enrollment in relevant graduate program, or equivalent relevant experience).
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage diverse activities, meet deadlines, and flexibility to changing situations and priorities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of international development issues.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and SF-based applications such as Clicktools is preferred.
- Knowledge of foreign language (Spanish, French, Russian and/or Portuguese) is a plus.
- US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing to Tanya Gapeka at [email protected] In the subject line of the email please write “M&E Associate Position”. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered. Three references will be requested of short-listed candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.