PYXERA Global seeks a highly motivated graduate intern to work 20-40 hours per week at our headquarters office in Washington, DC. This position offers interns the chance to experience and work across multiple job functions on many different projects. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to work at an international NGO with a focus on global engagement and enterprise and community development.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced office environment, especially in a programmatic or administrative capacity. The intern must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong written and communication skills.
PYXERA Global’s Enterprise and Community Development (ECD) Division catalyzes partnerships to achieve sustainable economic growth of local enterprises and communities. PYXERA Global is seeking a Program Intern with experience working on sustainable international development initiatives. The Program Intern will provide administrative and programmatic support for diverse global programs spanning the areas of Local Content Development in Mozambique and Ghana, Integrated Community Development in India, and Entrepreneurship, Enterprise, and Agricultural Development in Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Nigeria. The position will provide the Program Intern with the opportunity to build on a variety of skills through exposure to a variety of program and business development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation of PYXERA Global’s programs with oversight from Program Coordinators. Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
Analysis and Reporting – 25%
- Monitor database management efforts;
- Edit monthly program reports for various projects;
- Assist in the compilation of quarterly board books;
Business Development – 30%
- Conduct research, both technical and financial, for business development opportunities in various regions and practice areas;
- Assist with proposal review and delivery;
- Support overall business development processes.
Communications – 20%
- Liaise with field staff and Program Coordinators to develop case studies and success stories, as well as support department and project social media presence;
- Monitor and update project pages on the PYXERA Global website.
Finance – 10%
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms such as invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and complete credit card reconciliations in a timely manner;
- Prepare and process relevant procurement documents such as selection memos, contracts, modifications, and purchase orders.
Miscellaneous – 15%
- Develop and maintain document management systems and Salesforce dashboards;
- Monitor and update project pages on Sage (an internal knowledge management and learning platform);
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international affairs, economic development or related field required;
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in related field preferred;
- One to three years of relevant experience in international development/affairs related roles;
- Familiarity with a variety of public and private sector donors;
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and with cross-cultural teams;
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Salesforce, and variety of social media platforms;
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision;
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and for multiple managers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Monitoring and evaluation and/or data analysis skills;
- Overseas work experience desired; and
- Availability to begin May 15th.
Preferred: Proficiency in Portuguese, Hindi, or Russian.
Please email a resume, cover letter, salary history and/or requirements, and a sample of your writing (no more than 3 pages) to [email protected] by March 24, 2017. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global ECD Program Intern Position 2017.”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.