PYXERA Global is seeking an attentive, organized, and motivated Design and Marketing Associate for our Washington, DC office. This associate will gain experience in design and marketing alongside the personable and knowledgeable Public Affairs & Client Relations team. The associate will take on a central role in ensuring our print and digital communications collateral and multimedia products are attractive, consistent, well written, and propel interest and action. The opportunity will build his or her marketing and communications skills through hands on experience with many different areas of the organization. The ideal candidate is a media and digital enthusiast, with exceptional writing and design skills, a strong interest and background in impact communications, and demonstrated curiosity and/or experience in international affairs.
The Design and Marketing Associate will support the development and design of digital, web, and print projects. Duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Support in the development and design of digital, web, and print marketing materials;
- Presentation and report development and design , including Prezi and PowerPoint;
- Copywriting and editing, including developing original content under direction and editing from multiple contributors;
- Utilizing online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising;
- Provide both technical and editorial website support, updating content, and publishing news stories;
- Community management on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Assist with general administrative tasks as needed.
Has a Bachelor or Master’s degree in communications, graphic design, international relations, economic development, business or related field with at least 6 months of relevant experience. Desired skills include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Outstanding Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Strong grasp of social media management and campaign development;
- Experience with WordPress or web maintenance preferred;
- Understanding of web marketing and Google analytics;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- High level of computer literacy and ability to learn new technology quickly;
- Experience with Prezi a plus;
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or equivalent video editing a plus;
- Experience in the nonprofit or international development sector is a plus;
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs;
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Please email a resume, cover letter, requirements, writing sample, and portfolio samples or link to [email protected]. Applications without design and writing samples will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global Design & Marketing Associate Position.”