The Logistics Assistant provides logistical support for project-related activities in the Global Pro Bono Department. This position requires a strong focus on travel arrangements, logistics, financial reporting, and country and topic-specific research. This position is a one-year contract position with option to renew.
The ideal candidate will be able to multitask, take initiative in completing assignments as well as provide high quality logistical support with little oversight. Priority skills include strong attention to detail, ability to communicate clearly (oral and written), process oriented, ability to organize logistics, time management, and writing, all combined with the ability to be flexible.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of PYXERA Global’s Global Pro Bono practice area programming. Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate program logistics in collaboration with Program Managers.
- Conduct budget and country research for developing briefing materials for potential new programs and business opportunities.
- Maintain accurate program records in relevant databases and formats (i.e. Excel, Salesforce, SharePoint, etc.).
- Create up-to-date location-specific briefing guides and assist in drafting elements of program work plans and required reports (program and financial),
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms, assist in preparing budgets, and monitoring financial reports.
- Process participant and local partner survey data, and synthesize this information into client-facing reports.
- Develop and maintain tools to track reporting and program requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required.
- Bachelor’s degree. Experience in logistics, event planning and/or administrative experience.
- Demonstrated initiative, innovation, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet program/client needs.
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams.
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
- Strong writing and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of excel for logistics tracking, reporting, and budgeting.
- Experience in impact measurement and Salesforce are a plus.
- Language proficiency in a foreign language a plus (preferably Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, or a Southeast Asian language).
- Availability to start working in November 2017.
This is a full-time salaried position, for a one-year contract, with excellent benefits. Possible opportunity for extension after the one-year contract based on performance and organizational need. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start-date via e-mail to [email protected]. Applications without the above requirements will not be considered. In the subject of the email, please write “GPB – Logistics Assistant”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.