PYXERA Global seeks highly motivated undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate interns to work 30-40 hours per week at our headquarters office in Washington, DC. This position offers interns the chance to experience and work across multiple job functions and with different divisions. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to work at an international NGO with a focus on global engagement and corporate social responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced office environment, especially in a programmatic or administrative capacity. The intern must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong written and communication skills.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Intern is responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of a number of program activities. S/he is also responsible for assisting in business development activities, including monitoring opportunities across donor/client organizations, proposal preparation, attending events, and conducting research. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers in supporting our field staff and programs, particularly China-related programs
- Assist in financial backstopping, ensuring that budgets are on track and expenses are documented according to internal guidelines
- Assist in recruiting consultants and volunteers
- Participate in the development of donor/client proposals
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics for pro bono programs
- Create up-to-date country-specific briefings and assist in drafting elements of program work plans, training sessions, required reports (program and financial), and key correspondence sent to clients/donors
- Attend industry events in DC and prepare a debrief for staff
- Research relevant articles and materials on international development, team building, leadership, and sector specific topics
- Assist in identifying local partner organizations and scope development
- Assist with admin tasks such as expense reports, database updates, etc.
- Support program and practice area specific tool development, file organization, and overall process improvements
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Pursuing or holds a Bachelor’s or pursuing a Master’s degree in international relations, economic development, business, or related field and at least 6 months professional or international development experience, or a combination of both.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to manage diverse activities and supervisors, meet competing deadlines, and have flexibility in changing situations and priorities
- Strong oral, written, and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy and Salesforce experience, highly desirable
- Working proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Availability to start in early June
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing (no more than 3 pages) to Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org. Applications without a writing sample, resume, or cover letter will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “Mandarin-Speaking Summer Intern, Global Pro Bono”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews at the end of March.