At PYXERA Global, we combine our business acumen with the local knowledge, network, and context required to navigate economic, geographic, and political realities on the ground. We keep our eye on the end goal—managing the details and adjusting the course to learn from our experiences and achieve mutual benefit. While our team works hard everyday to deliver exceptional results, we pride ourselves on our ability to find humor and creativity in everything we do. From staff meetings and brainstorm sessions to office happy hours and service days, we are committed to cultivating and maintaining a supportive, transparent, and fun community.
Join the PYXERA Global Team
At PYXERA Global, we stand at the intersection of business, social, and governmental organizations, facilitating groundbreaking partnerships around the world. In our quest to transform international development through purposeful engagement, we’re looking for smart, focused professionals who share our vision, with a certain rugged global flair and the capability to remain gracefully competent under pressure.
At PYXERA Global, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a collaborative team of colleagues with a diverse set of professional and personal backgrounds. Representing 20 nationalities and speaking nearly 25 languages at headquarters alone, the entire PYXERA Global team is comprised of inspired individuals driven by a commitment to social impact. Our employees demonstrate:
- Passion & persistence for solving difficult problems
- Curiosity, respect, & patience for different points of view
- Relentless drive for common goals & sustainable results
- Initiative, creativity, & self-direction
- Adaptability to frequently changing circumstances & needs
- Commitment to exemplary client service
Support PYXERA Global in achieving its mission. Based in Washington DC, the HR Director oversees the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
- Annually reviews and recommends improvements to policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Drives employee engagement initiatives and activities.
- Works with global teams to guide HR-related matters and ensure standard practices for PYXERA Global are met and are compliant with local laws.
- Manages employee benefits including health insurance, 403B plan, HRA claims, etc. including the annual renewal.
- Manages corporate insurance policies.
- Administers payroll and benefits policies ensuring compliance with applicable laws and organizational policies.
- Completes and maintains background checks for new hires.
- Works closely with Accounting to ensure payroll changes are included in processing.
- Responsible for completion of discrimination testing and submission of 5500s for all applicable plans.
- Responds to audit requests from internal and external auditors.
- Communicates changes in the personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program.
- Manages recruitment and onboarding process, materials, and tools.
Works with staff and managers to implement and execute employee development programs.
- Manages and updates the performance management process and maintains working relationship with vendor of performance management system.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Conducts check-ins with the staff, listening sessions and periodic surveys.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Chief Operating Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer, on personnel matters.
- Works with department managers to assist them with employee relations, including providing guidance in preparation of performance discussions and plans.
- Builds and maintains relationships with University partners and coordinates recruiting events with departments and job postings
Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Administers the LMS and required annual training.
- Provides supervisor training to new supervisors and updates current supervisors.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the personnel information needs.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
- 8 plus years as an HR leader.
- Training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and/or preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Affiliation with appropriate HR networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to [email protected] Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.