At PYXERA Global, we combine our business acumen with the local knowledge, network, and context required to navigate economic, geographic, and political realities on the ground. We keep our eye on the end goal—managing the details and adjusting the course to learn from our experiences and achieve mutual benefit. While our team works hard everyday to deliver exceptional results, we pride ourselves on our ability to find humor and creativity in everything we do. From staff meetings and brainstorm sessions to office happy hours and service days, we are committed to cultivating and maintaining a supportive, transparent, and fun community.
Join the PYXERA Global Team
At PYXERA Global, we stand at the intersection of business, social, and governmental organizations, facilitating groundbreaking partnerships around the world. In our quest to transform international development through purposeful engagement, we’re looking for smart, focused professionals who share our vision, with a certain rugged global flair and the capability to remain gracefully competent under pressure.
At PYXERA Global, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a collaborative team of colleagues with a diverse set of professional and personal backgrounds. Representing 20 nationalities and speaking nearly 25 languages at headquarters alone, the entire PYXERA Global team is comprised of inspired individuals driven by a commitment to social impact. Our employees demonstrate:
- Passion & persistence for solving difficult problems
- Curiosity, respect, & patience for different points of view
- Relentless drive for common goals & sustainable results
- Initiative, creativity, & self-direction
- Adaptability to frequently changing circumstances & needs
- Commitment to exemplary client service
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors, leveraging the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of methodologies including enterprise development, skills-based employee engagement and designing impactful corporate social responsibility strategies, and community partnership efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. We work across a variety of thematic social areas including circular economy and inclusive circular cities, equity in healthcare, small business growth, and bridging the digital divide, among others.
PYXERA Global is committed to diversity, inclusion, and environmental sustainability within and outside of our organization. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/diversity-and-inclusion/
Our skills-based Global Pro Bono (GPB) programs are corporate-sponsored initiatives aligned to a company’s broader strategy where employees leverage their professional skills to assist social mission-driven organizations such as nonprofits, social enterprises, and government entities. Corporate employees share their skills through projects that are time-bound, deliverable-based, and provide economic and social benefit to the local organization and community while building leadership competencies, creating market insights, and spurring innovative thinking for the participating employee. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, Johnson & Johnson, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, Mastercard, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, visit our website: https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/global-pro-bono/
The Vice President, Corporate Engagement and Global Pro Bono is a senior leader within the organization that will help drive financial success as well as inform culture and overall strategic direction. This role is directly responsible for the overall performance, management, and development of PYXERA Global’s growing portfolio of GPB corporate partnerships, initiatives, and the overall GPB team. The Vice President will focus on GPB strategy development and execution while serving as a trusted resource and thought partner in close collaboration with GPB Directors who are responsible for ensuring client programs and internal operations are running successfully. The Vice President should be experienced in leading large teams, building and managing strategic partnerships, and working with corporations in creating innovative social impact strategies.
The GPB department operates in a fast-paced, agile environment with quickly shifting priorities. As such, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in client and people management, be able to work across departments/teams, as well as experience with corporate social responsibility initiatives and/or mutually beneficial partnerships between the private and social sectors. Attributes critical for success include demonstrating true grit, versatility, skilled communicator, collaborative relationship builder, entrepreneurial, solid sales experience, strong supervisor experience, and well versed in corporate engagement.
We encourage applications from candidates with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds to apply for this role to become a member of the PYXERA Global team!
As the Vice President, Corporate Engagement and Global Pro Bono here is what your primary focus will be:
Strategy – Lead Global Pro Bono as a multifaceted mechanism for corporations to develop their talent while solving complex global challenges; develop new and innovative strategies that can grow the Global Pro Bono methodology and be a differentiator in the market; contribute to the development and execution of the organization’s larger strategic plans.
People Leadership – Provide strong mentorship to all staff while investing in the leadership development of direct reports and rising leaders across the organization.
Thought Leadership & Business Development – Grow PYXERA Global’s strategic relationships, corporate partnerships, and overall brand visibility by representing the organization publicly and being one of the leading voices in developing impactful social strategies that include the Global Pro Bono methodology.
Programming – Develop and collaborate across the organization to continue to find opportunities to strengthen and grow Global Pro Bono programs, while enabling the team to deliver world class customer service and quality program implementation.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of at least one specific technical area related to PYXERA Global’s programs and services (pro bono, community development, corporate social impact, nonprofit management, enterprise development, social justice, leadership development, circular economy, finance, education, skills gap, global health, etc.).
- Proven experience in business development and sales with the private sector
- Proven experience in change management
- Strategic leader with the ability to manage large teams
- Experience with US government and long-term community development work is a plus
- Demonstrated capability in creating partnerships and communicating impact
- Excellent customer service, partnership creation and management skills a must
- A high degree of political savviness (in an organizational and business context)
- Expertise in developing and managing department budgets
- Demonstrated commitment to D&I and a perspective on anti-racism
- Significant experience in presenting to various audiences (exceptional public speaking skills)
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Proficiency in a language other than English is a plus
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. employment authorization required
- Able to travel internationally and/or domestically up to 20% of the time.
- Reside in the Washington, D.C. area (D.C., Maryland and Virginia) and commit to being in-person in our Washington, D.C. office at least twice a week
BENEFITS AND SALARY
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start-date via e-mail to [email protected] by October 31, 2021. Applications without the above requirements will not be considered. In the subject of the email, please write “Vice President, Global Pro Bono”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that convenes & manages groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors, leveraging the unique attributes of each to create impactful solutions for complex global challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services, from inclusive circular economy engagement, local supply chain content development, corporate advisory services, , global pro bono programs, to integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our private sector clients include SAP, JPMorgan Chase, Enel North America, Mastercard, and John Deere and our public sector clients include the Cities of Cleveland, OH and Cambridge, Mass. respectively.
Tailored to the private sector, inclusive circular economy programming helps define and execute a company’s circular vision. Projects are both time-bound and deliverable-based, and aim to provide measurable economic, environmental, and social impact in the local communities they serve, while aligning a company’s of sustainability, ESG, and CSR strategy in a circular context.
To learn more about our Inclusive Circular Economy approach, visit our website: https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/circular-cities/
PYXERA Global endeavors to practice and elevate diversity, inclusion, and environmental sustainability within and outside of our organization. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/diversity-and-inclusion/
The Program Manager (PM) works within the Strategic Initiatives (SI) department and is responsible for program management, client engagement, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, thought leadership and financial oversight of short-term inclusive circular economy projects. In most cases, the PM will be responsible for simultaneously managing projects for multiple clients. Working closely with Client Managers & the VP of Strategic Initiatives, PMs will have the opportunity to apply their project management and client engagement skills while gaining exposure to a variety of program models and approaches within the department. In addition to overall programmatic activities, the PM will also support internal initiatives and co-design future inclusive circular economy engagements.
The SI department operates in a fast-paced, agile environment with quickly shifting priorities. As such, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in program, client, and people management, be able to manage and lead multi-stakeholder partnerships, and has an explicit understanding of the circular economy. Strong leadership, cross-cultural communications, and writing and presentation skills, combined with the ability to troubleshoot, innovate, and influence partners are a must for this position.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITES
The Program Manager is responsible for the implementation of PYXERA Global’s inclusive circular economy programming. Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Implement & manage inclusive circular economy programs, including detailed scope of work development, engagement and selection of organizational circular priorities, on-site facilitation, travel to project sites, project preparation and implementation ,& impact reporting;
- Lead weekly/bi-weekly check-ins with clients and program coordinating team to align on project status, operations, strategy, and continual program improvements; Manage projects so that they are on time, on budget, and meet stakeholder needs and deliverable targets;
- Review and prepare work plans, required reports (program and financial), and key correspondence sent to clients/donors;
- Support and lead client-facing communication on project status, operations, logistics, strategy, and continual program improvements;
- Update PYXERA Global executive team with clients’ updates, needs and/or issues, and business development opportunities;
- Cultivate business opportunities with new & existing clients by developing strategies and program models that are responsive to corporate and societal needs;
- Ensure financial and reporting compliance, including development and approval of program budgets with global and DC-office staff;
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- U.S. Citizen or permanent U.S. employment authorization required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of at least one specific technical area related to PYXERA Global’s inclusive circular economy programs (circular economy engagement, corporate advisory services, shared value creation, community development, enterprise development, social justice, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated technical writing and research proficiency (corporate sustainability and circular economy preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or corporate sustainability engagements
- Exceptional public speaking, meeting/event facilitation, and program/project management skills
- Knowledge of the factors driving corporate social impact initiatives and a high level of comfort communicating with corporate and public sector leaders across different functions
- Experience co-creating with, and providing feedback to, community-level stakeholders
- Ability to manage the entire program lifecycle and adjust approaches as needed
- Relevant international, private and/or social sector work experience
- Swift ability to learn policies, processes, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to create and foster partnerships among a variety of stakeholders in the public, private, and social sectors
- Experience in training and onboarding both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and keep a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Experience in impact measurement (PowerBI and Qualtrics), Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint highly desired.
- Able to travel internationally and/or domestically up to 20%-30% of the time.
- Proficiency in a language other than English is a plus.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start-date via e-mail to [email protected]. Applications without the above requirements will not be considered. In the subject of the email, please write “Program Manager, Inclusive Circular Economy”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.
PYXERA Global is a team of mission-focused, innovative, and passionate individuals working to bring together the best of business, government, and nonprofit organizations to solve global challenges. We work in issue areas ranging from the environment and circular economy to racial justice, health, and education—translating objectives across the sectors to create business and social value.
We provide advisory counsel and program execution in over one hundred countries—bringing the resources and expertise of multi-national companies into under-resourced communities around the world to build resiliency and capability.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an independent, energetic go-getter to work with the Human Resources team. The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and deliverables, adapt to new challenges, and operate effectively in a fast-paced work environment. Those with experience in an administrative, operations, or human resources role are encouraged to apply.
- Provide administrative support for Human Resources and Operations teams at PYXERA Global
- Assist with health and welfare programs including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Along with facilitation of information with insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions are being communicated within internal systems
- Conducts regular audits of benefits or other HR programs and systems
- Provides finance/payroll team with new employee information along with changes each payroll cycle semimonthly
- Assists employees with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Responds to verifications of employment status as needed
- Reviews resumes for open requisitions and schedules interviews with new candidates based on department needs
- Assists with the logistics of internal meetings including prep materials, technology needs, videoconferencing as appropriate and other details
- Assist with the internal operations of the office such as ordering supplies, guest check-in, and other operational items as needed
- Manages the submission and approval of expenses; provide monthly credit card reconciliation for the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Office as needed
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Provide support in the planning and production of corporate company events and employee engagement initiatives
- Maintain and update electronic filings and database systems
- Prepares and maintains reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the Human Resources department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Other projects and ad hoc administrative responsibilities as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of required tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to respond discreetly to sensitive or confidential topics
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Two years of experience with HRIS systems preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university plus a minimum of two years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position (Human Resources Associate Application) in the subject line. Only short-list candidates will be contacted directly.
William J. White Fellowship for Solvable Problems
The William J. White Fellowship for Solvable Problems is a six-month experiential learning program at PYXERA Global. The Fellowship aims to give students and graduates of community colleges and underserved areas exposure to careers in social impact on a global scale.
At PYXERA Global, we recognize that we have a significant role to play in creating access to circular economy and social impact spaces, and in ensuring that we are capturing talent that often goes unrecognized through the traditional hiring structures. One community college student or graduate will be awarded this Fellowship. To accelerate the Fellow’s learning, they will receive direct mentorship from staff and industry leadership.
William J. White, the namesake of this Fellowship and father of PYXERA Global CEO, Deirdre White, dedicated his career to public health. He was a life-long advocate for bringing diverse voices and perspectives to the table. Throughout his life, William J. White never failed to mentor others. His life embodied service through a career in public health, and through this Fellowship, we hope to continue his legacy for generations to come.
This is a full-time six-month position with a stipend.
The inaugural William J. White Fellow will report to the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, with a dotted line to Vice President of Public Affairs
The inaugural William J. White Fellow will provide critical support and guidance to PYXERA Global’s inclusive circular economy positioning. In this dual role, you will work closely with the VP of Strategic Initiatives helping to ensure that historically marginalized communities in the communities we are operating in have an active and authentic voice in the circular economy transition.
As a Fellow you will also work closely with the Public Affairs team to play a key role in shaping our social media strategy for our circular economy practice area and other PYXERA Global practice areas when needed. You will also be responsible for graphic design and presentation support.
Responsibilities: Inclusive Circular Economy
The inclusive circular economy component of this Fellowship will focus largely on community engagement and outreach, as well as some aspects of research and surveying.
- Co-create & devise inclusive circular economy engagement plan for geographies where PYXERA Global is currently engaged
- Identify key stakeholder opportunities & gaps in existing circular programming
- Provide relevant & practical research on BIPOC and historically marginalized communities where we are operating including, but not limited to, culture, policy reform, and environmental justice
- Design and administer surveys to get feedback from BIPOC and historically marginalized communities on PYXERA Global’s circular economy approach and materials
The communications aspect of this Fellowship will focus largely on social media, as well as some aspects of graphic design, and article / press release writing.
- Develop and execute effective social media campaigns
- Strategize, create, and approve content for publication
- Work with the programs team to develop a social calendar
- Create graphics for social content
- Collaborate with press, influencers, customers, industry leaders, and bloggers
- Monitor, respond to, and report on online conversations
- Recommend content ideas based on objectives and suggest new ways to promote company offerings and to reach prospects and partners through thought leadership
Graphics Design & Presentation Support
- Support graphic design, inclusive of print and digital (reports/one-pagers), infographics, and presentations
- Write press releases / articles periodically
- Work collaboratively: We are a non–profit organization that operates like a business. Collaboration and co-creation are in our DNA—we’ll look for it to be in yours.
- Take initiative and self-motivate: You have an intrinsic sense of ownership and drive to get things done. We’ll support you in your growth—and we can give you projects and count on you to execute with creativity, excellence, and initiative.
- Get things done with style and grace: You are assertive, yet diplomatic. You address conflict directly.
- Bring creativity and analysis: You bring a unique creative voice that helps us imagine our next chapter. You think analytically and out of the box.
- Receive coaching and communicate: You have soft skills to work with operations and client teams with varying knowledge levels of Communications. You grow from feedback.
Please send a cover letter, your CV, and salary requirements via e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the position title (William White Fellowship) in the subject line of your e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.