We operate sustainably and act inclusively.
Pyxera Global works to minimize environmental impact and embraces diversity as a strength.
Pyxera Global works to integrate environmental sustainability in every aspect of the organization.
The climate crisis exacerbates global challenges. Increasing resource scarcity threatens livelihoods and the long-term viability of economies worldwide.
Pyxera Global strives to minimize negative environmental impacts across our operations and applies a sustainability lens in our work catalyzing systemic change through tri-sector solutions.
To carry out this mission, three core tenets guide us:
Practicing environmental sustainability throughout our operations
- Responsible waste management.
- LEED Gold-certified office construction.
- Sustainable procurement.*
- Formation of an Environment Working Group.
- Integration of environmental sustainability into our programs.
- Employee engagement with environmental volunteer programs (watershed river cleanups, urban gardening).
- Educational programs for employees (clothing swaps, guest speakers, knowledge shares).
Designing impactful and environmentally sustainable programs and partnerships
- Encouraging resilient agriculture with JIVA and Rayuwa.
- Reducing Post-Harvest Loss with YieldWise.
- Aligning Global Pro Bono offerings.
- Expanding circular economy program offerings.*
Amplifying solutions and building awareness of environmental sustainability
- Organizer: Global Engagement Forum: Live Solvable Problems (STEM Skills Gap, Marine Debris, Post-Harvest Loss, and Energy Poverty).
- Co-organizer: State Department Event: Purpose, Prosperity, People: Environmental Sustainability Track.
- Publisher: Global Engagement Forum: Magazine Circular Economy edition.*
- Member: Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s Circular Economy100 (CE100) Network thought leadership.
- Advisory board member: Ocean Plastic Leadership Network (OPLN).
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Pyxera Global endeavors to practice and elevate DE&I within and outside our organization.
Diversity encompasses the various dimensions of our identities and experiences. Our diversity influences interactions with one another and the world around us.
Recognizing the power of our combined differences, inclusion is the sustained drive to actively embrace, support, and harness the strength of our diversity.
Much like how we strive to solve global challenges, diversity and inclusion (D&I) require intentionality, agility, and collaboration. Pyxera Global’s responsibility to D&I comes from within and helps us meet our mission—and yours.
To carry out this mission, four core tenets guide all of us:
Respect and Dignity
Since our inception in 1990, the root of our success has come from valuing our differences. Whether in communities where we work or with the diverse partners we bring together, we honor and appreciate what makes each of us unique.
Leveraging Our Unique Vantage Point
Our work is global, and so is our perspective. We drive towards solutions for global challenges by valuing the multitude of backgrounds and experiences that are part of our organization. This vantage point enables us to address the unique and varied goals of our public, private, and social sector partners.
Learning and Celebrating
We encourage our staff to seek meaningful connections, learn from them, and apply this to their work. By being our authentic selves, we all play a part in creating a sense of community and belonging.
Practicing DE&I in our Operations
We apply a DE&I lens when procuring goods and services.